Click Here to Contact us now

F1 Student Visas


F1 Student Visas

This is the Student Visa. It allows you to come to the U.S. to study at a wide variety of educational institutions ranging from large Universities to community colleges to specialized institutions such as cooking schools. This visa can also be used for you to come to the U.S. to study English.

F-1 nonimmigrant student (F-1 student) means an alien who has an F-1 visa.  The Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services grants such a visa to an alien who has a residence in a foreign country which he/she has no intention of abandoning, who is a bona fide student qualified to pursue a full course of study and who entered the United States temporarily and solely for the purpose of pursuing such a course of study at an established institution of learning or other recognized place of study in the United States, particularly designated by him/her and approved by the Attorney General after consultation with the Department of Education of the United States.

The Student Visa will last for as long as you are in school which depends upon the length of the course of study. Your spouse and unmarried children can come to the U.S. once your visa is approved. You can later change your status to allow you to work.
If you are out of status because of some type of violation of your F-1 Student Visa, you should try to apply for reinstatement of student status. Assuming you did not work out of status, there would be a reasonable chance of success, especially if the reason for you going out of status was not your fault.

2 Comments - Leave a Comment
  • Karim kamel -

    Dear Sir,
    I was accepted by Institute in times square for advanced English and business course, I’m currently in the US, so I applied for change of status from B1/B2 into F1, I sent my papers to the immigration center at Vermont on May 14th using a certified mail and Till now I haven’t received any receipts from them. I called them already and they said that I’ve to wait. Now my I-94 is expired so I wonder if I’m in the safe side or now !!


    Dear Sir,
    I was in US during 2010-11 under F1 visa. But due to a problem I was deported and my visa got cancelled. I worked part time which I was not much aware of the serious consequences. I now joined one institution in my home starting my career once again. Its over one year now and the University which I joined in my home country is going to send me to US for doing my project work as a part of my curriculum under J1 visa. Can you help me in getting the J1 visa now !!

    Thanks & Regards,
    Harish Dhanala

  • Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published.